Running

Running
Running

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

5 runs in 5 days challenge – Day 2 of 5

5 runs in 5 days challenge – Day 2 of 5

I had feared that run day 2 would not be any easy on this Tuesday, and this turned out to be as hard as I had feared.  The day started with a morning sun, and it had gone overhead and blazing by the lunch break.  My legs were still tired from the Monday run, and I was not looking forward for this.

However, when I saw marathoner Karl at the locker room ready for the second run, I had no choice but to follow suit.  I however, wished I had not!  It was hot!  From a freezer hardly 24-hours ago, to be hottest sun this month!  Anyway, I was already deep into the run before long and followed the same run route of day 1.

I did the same 12.6km course in almost the same 1:06:27, but instead improved to 1:06:09.  I finished the run full of sweat, fully tired and wishing that the challenge was off.  I should be ready for day 3.  It is day 4 that makes be fearful.  However, time will tell.


WWB, the Coach, Nairobi, Kenya, June 15, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment