Running

Running
Running

Friday, June 17, 2022

5 runs in 5 days challenge – Day 5 of 5 (June 17, 2022)

5 runs in 5 days challenge – Day 5 of 5 (June 17, 2022)

How did it come to this final day?  I thought it would never come, nor that the 5-day daily run was even possible!  But, here we were.  It was already day 5 of 5.  I did not have any reservations about this final run when I was planning for the 5-day streak.  I knew that it would come and go.  I knew that it would be manageable and would be easy on the psyche, after all, this was the very last one in the series.

I have run on the cold, and I had also run on the sun.  There was no new surprise that would await me on this last run day.  And true, there was no new surprise.  I started the run on a hot sunny day at 1239hrs.  The route remained the same and the route terrain remained half hilly.  The run still produced the tiredness that I have come to associate with the hills, and I ended the run still tired and sweaty.

Finally, it was time to celebrate the end of the 5-runs-in-5-days series.  I have run a 12.60km distance every day on the same route.  I did the last 12.60km in a time of 1:05:17.  In summary, I had the best time on Thursday, and the worst time on Tuesday.  Would I do another s-in-5?  Maybe, maybe not.  It puts a special toll on your body system that I am not sure whether to enjoy or loath.  I can now wait for the Divas International marathon of next Friday without much ado.

The end!


WWB, the Coach, Nairobi, Kenya, June 17, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment