Running

Running
Running

Thursday, June 16, 2022

5 runs in 5 days challenge – Day 4 of 5

5 runs in 5 days challenge – Day 4 of 5

It is the day 4 run that I had really feared when I was planning this 5-day challenge… and it lived to its expectations.  I could hardly get out of bed in the morning of this Thursday.  I was tired!  I had to mute the wake-up alarm twice, before I was forced to get out of bed.  I struggle through the morning paces.  My body was not my body.  This challenge was off.  I could not take it anymore.

However, thing started changing at ten.  I had already walked to work and got into the day’s routine.  Three sticks of fruits-on-a-stick plus some coffee is what it took to get me back to activity.  The tiredness waned and I was feeling capable of the fourth run by the starting time at 12.45pm

It was another hot lunch hour run, but I was back to normal in terms of how I felt.  I was tired alright but still fit for the run.  I did not have any pains or aches.  The day had unfolded into quite a good run day.  It is just the tiredness somewhere in my body that kept me going as I faced run day number 4.

It came as a surprise when this run that had started on a tired day become the best run in the week so far when I stopped my timer on the 12.6km mark with a time of 1:05:06.  However, it is not yet time to celebrate since one more last run beckons in this 5-day challenge.  This challenge is becoming doable with each passing minute.  The end is near.


WWB, the Coach, Nairobi, Kenya, June 16, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment